Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook: May 26th

For Today... May 26th, 2009 (Because it's my Monday today!)


Outside my window... renters at the summer cabins are enjoying coffee outside.  Sometimes I forget that my ordinary little cabin in the woods is seen as a fantastic vacation spot by others.

I am thinking... Yesterday was wildly successful!  Hubby and I divided and conquered- him the renovation, getting the rest of it ready to sheetrock, and me the house and yard, scrubbing floors, mowing the lawn, and working on laundry.I am thankful for... Summer Vacation!  As in, we have officially survived the school year, perhaps not with flying colors, but survived nonetheless!  

From the kitchen... a grocery list that demands a trip to the store TODAY!  But-- our freezer is STOCKED thanks to a DEAR friend who completely outdid herself!

I am wearing... fuzzy yoga length pants, a pink tank, glasses, and my wedding ring. 

I am reading... nothing to speak of except my trusty blog roll.

I am hoping... for a great first week home from school for my daughter and from Hawaii for my husband. 
I am creating... piles of items to pack for our South Carolina vacation.  Last time we did this I was packing for 2 adults and a 5 year old.  It's so very different with an 18 month old and a three year old in the mix!  The need to organize effectively is imperative if we are to fit everything we need in the minivan.

I am praying... that I have productive mornings, playful afternoons, delicious dinners, and quality evenings this week!

Around the house... Laundry- isn't that always my

 answer here?

One of my favorite things... are the outings I get to take with my friends and our kids.  I love that, once you have kids, you can justify spending way more time with your friends because, after all, it's for the kids.  A few plans for the rest of the week... Make final choice and order countertops, choose flooring and get it ordered, edit a photo session from last week, find someone to water animals while we're gone, beg hairdresser (mom) to cut my hair and my son's hair, pack for the beach, trip to caverns, catch up with a dear friend who's in the states to visit, celebrate my anniversary on Thursday, leave for SC!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you... 


Join the daybook group or see other daybooks here!

1 comment:

Mrs. Haid said...

Its almost wedding anniversary time!!!