Monday, May 11, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook: May 11th

For Today... May 11th, 2009

Outside my window... the birds are singing back and forth to each other.  Quite the cheerful song!

I am thinking... about all that needs to be done this week... and about how close I am to being done with the school year!

I am thankful for... the ten minutes of cuddle time I had with the girls this morning.

From the kitchen... cake mix cookies.  Probably not a great idea with the sugar monster in the house, but what can I say?

I am wearing... Grey athletic pants, green striped top, black and pink tennis shoes.  I'm on my way out to my walk!

I am reading... my daughter's papers this week.  It continues to amaze me how many tests and projects my 3rd grader has for her "finals."

I am hoping... the next two weeks pass quickly and smoothly.  I usually don't mind my husband being away, but it's usually only a few days at a time.  And he's usually not in Hawaii without me!

I am creating... plans for a diaper shower for a dear friend!

I am praying... that my husband will have a safe flight.  He'll be leaving in about an hour.  I'm praying, also, for an extra dose of patience and sanity while he's away.


Around the house... I'm about 5 loads behind on laundry, the floors are in desperate need of sweeping and mopping, and the bathroom is begging to be scrubbed.  Looks like I'm in for it this week!


One of my favorite things... Norah Jones.  I will forever be obliged to her for starting my days relaxed and calm!  There's just something indescribable about her smooth, jazzy style!  Ahh... 

A few plans for the rest of the week... school work, school work, house work, and school work!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you... I slipped out of the house for a little air after I laid the kids down last night.  Now that there's light after bedtime, I'm going to try to slip away like this each night.  It was SO peaceful, and the sky was so amazing!  The picture doesn't do it justice... 

Join the daybook group or see other daybooks here!

No comments: