Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook: 5/4

For Today... May 4th, 2009

Outside my window... stillness.  A single bird marks the beginning of the day

I am thinking... about a world away from oak trees- somewhere in the dessert- where I could hide from my allergies!

I am thankful for... A husband who commutes 2 hours each way to work, who puts in 12 hour days on a new house each weekend, who still watches the kids for a while to save my sanity.  I don't know where I'd be without him!

From the kitchen... only sparkling countertops and possibility.  A browse through the freezer and the recipe books will ensue later this morning.

I am wearing... Black athletic pants and a pink tank.  It may seem like I'm constantly wearing althetic wear, but in reality, this is my morning blog wear!  I regularly wear jeans, slacks, and kid friendly shirts that have sleeves... just in case you were doubting me!

I am still reading... In Praise of Stay-at-Home Moms b y Dr. Laura Schlessinger.  Yes, still.  It's still a good read, full of ideas, challenges, and pats on the back for my decision to raise my kids full time.  I just wish there were more hours in my day to read.  Typically, I keep a book handy while I wait for school dismissal and during gymnastics lessons.  

I am hoping... to be able to finish taming my home this week.  I've been gaining on the disarray steadily, and I think a couple more days will do it.

I am creating... a better routine for myself and my children during the day.  I'm hoping that I can further improve the organization of my home as well as my son's behavior.  We shall see.

I am praying... that this last week before hubby heads to Hawaii for his 2-week military duty will be relaxing for him, filled with family time.

Around the house... laundry is 100% caught up.  Not even a load is left to do!  Next on the list is to find a new home for the toys in the family room.  Now that the baby has mastered the stairs, it might be time to consolidate them all into the kids' room.  

One of my favorite things... is a mindless chick flick.  Bride Wars is on my wish list for our RebBox rental this week.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Dr. Laura's live show tomorrow night with dear girlfriends!!, continuing my walking schedule, chaperoning my church 6th graders to our diocese Vocation Day, getting my minivan back from the shop!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you... Blessed are they who have a Grandpa like my dad...


Join the daybook group or see other daybooks here!

3 comments:

Marie said...

Wonderful daybook entry. I was a SAHM for the whole time my children were growing up. I have never regretted it and consider it one of the greatest gifts I could have given my children. God bless you.

houseofestrogen said...

Oh, I'm so jealous that you are 100% caught up on laundry. I don't think I've EVER been 100% caught up. Ever.

A happy heart at home said...

Great job on the laundry! And thanks for commenting on my daybook. I enjoyed reading yours.

~Susan