Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to the mommies in my blogger world!

(Courtesy of pbs.org)


I was 17 the first year I celebrated Mother's Day from this side. I had no clue what I was doing, and were it not for my mother (and my miraculous willingness to follow her advice), I might have failed miserably in my mommy responsibilities. I used to think that I'd grow up and not need my mother anymore, but she is probably more a part of my life now than ever. Heaven knows we had our rough times-- years actually, but one of the great things about mothers and daughters is that they can let go of the past and move forward. That's what love allows us to do. I am sure that I will endure my years of struggle with my own daughters, but I hope that when all is said and done, my daughters and I are able to respect each other, to seek each other's advice, to want to have lunch or go shopping together.

No comments: