Saturday, May 23, 2009

Meet Samantha



Yesterday my daughter made a new "friend." On a Christmas shopping trip to Chicago with a few girlfriends, I walked through the doors of the American Girl Store for the first time. My friends each bought their daughters a doll. I decided to wait because I really wanted to take her with me when she got her doll. I have to admit, I was a little bummed to leave the store empty handed!

On New Year's Eve, I ordered the Samantha Doll online as the poor dear was retiring and would not be available for purchase beginning in 2009 (Although I'm sure she'll come out of retirement for a reunion tour at some point). She was backordered until early May when she showed up on my doorstep, and then she was hiding in my closet waiting for the right time to be presented to her new owner.

In order to make the doll special, we got dolled up...



And had a little fun with the presentation!


I was a little worried that she would be growing out of doll play in spite of the fact that American Girl recommends their dolls for 8+, but I have had one very fascinated and very appreciative daughter!


5 comments:

Ashley said...

Yea! I didn't know you ordered her for her! That's awesome! She looks thrilled...the girls will have to all get together to play sometime! :0)

Marie said...

Ohh, what a wonderful gift! I always wanted to get one of those dolls for each of my daughters. Heck, I'd love one for myself!

Mrs. Haid said...

Hurray! Samantha is the best doll, I think. She has the most fun clothes! I feel a little jealous of her!

And I feel sad that my boy won't ever like these things. Or probably not. Dan just doesn't know what I am missing not getting a daughter!

Molly said...

aww..these pictures REALLY captured the moment-what a beautiful time! Such a moment of encouragement from a fantastic mom that knew exactly what her little girl needed :)

StumblingServant said...

aw! Yay! Can't wait to give her her outfit with the matching one for her. On a side note, I'm going to get my hair cut tomorrow . . . and from the looks of it, I'm going to look just like my niece! haha. It'll make for fun beach pictures. :P