Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Little More Girl Time

Before my hubby leaves for 2 weeks with the military, he let me have one last night to savor adult conversation.  Yesterday was a blast, full of good food, good laughs, good conversation, and a fantastic friend!  

A visit to Kimswick, MO treated us to the best salad ever at The Blue Owl.  I had taken Little Miss along, and I realized while we were eating how limited my one-on-one time with her is.  She was more conversational and sweeter than normal.  Sharing my salad with her was such a simple moment, but one that I made sure to record the details of into my heart.

We traveled downtown to drop my daughter off with Daddy, and we had just enough time to hit a couple stores before heading to the theatre for Dr. Laura's show.  What a great 90 minutes!  I wasn't sure what to expect from her one woman show, but it was a balance of silliness, humor, advice, relating with a dash of sadness.  The show left me feeling content which, I'm sure, was the intention behind it.  

To wrap up the night, we split a delicious dish at the Cheesecake Factory and gabbed over coffee and cheesecake.  I think I'll always feel happy after a late-night visit with a friend.  Some schoolgirl memories are worth repeating.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Most definitely!!!! It was a wonderful day/evening, as so many are with you :) thanks for our friendship, thanks for ALL of our honest moments (ha) that bring on so many belly-aching laughs..love it! I chuckled to myself a few times today thinking about our day! Here is to so many more to come....

Marie said...

When I was married before my husband was in the military and it seemed to be that he spent far more time away from home than he did at home. It was hard at times and quite lonely as well. I don't know what I would have done without my good friends. They were a real blessing to me.