Sunday, April 5, 2009

Wal-Mart = Yoga

I am an 8 AM visitor of Wal-Mart. When I need to shop there, I drop the carpool at school and head toward the big blue letters with my little ones. I love it at this time of day. I get to park in the very front because there are literally 10-15 cars in the parking lot. The morning greeter is extra friendly with my kids- I guess her smiles and cheer are not as thinly spread as the PM workers. My kids are generally in cooperative moods this early. The store is peaceful, there are no lines to check out, and no traffic to speak of on the way out of the parking lot. Yes, 8 AM shopping at Wal-Mart is one of my tiny blessings from staying at home. Today I was extra thankful for it!

On a Saturday, Wal-Mart is pure chaos. Cars fill all but the last five spots in each row, engines are humming, kids are crying, parents are scolding. That's just the parking lot, and that's all I saw today before deciding to shop at Payless for the kids' shoes I needed and skip the non-emergent items for the time being. I'm all for beating the doors down to get to a good sale, but I can't stand fighting a Black-Friday type crowd just to pay normal prices for low-demand items.

Thank you, God, for my 8 AM Wal-Mart trips; compared to today's mosh pit, they're like yoga!

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Would you believe that we always seem to go on Saturdays at 10:00 am. Why do I do that to myself? ;o)

Kelley said...

ha... I don't know! By the way, I saw a little red-headed girl with her Daddy there last night. ;-)