Monday, April 27, 2009

Sunny Morning Muffin review



This morning in my day book, I mentioned a muffin recipe I'd seen on Cooking for Real on Food Network.  I just tasted the fruits of my labor, and MMMMmmmmmm... these are to-die for!  I now understand why Bri from Desperate Housewives shows up on doorsteps with muffins!  I'd certainly do a favor for these!

In fairness, my local grocery store was out of lemons (yeah, I know... seriously!?!), so I substituted orange zest.  I think these would be even better with the lemon.  I plan to bake a round 2 and find out!  These muffins have the perfect balance of sweet and tang.  The walnuts offer a mix of texture, a must for my liking!  To sweeten the deal, they were SO simple to make!  The hardest part was washing and chopping strawberries.  I'm betting that even my daughter, who turned up her nose when I added blueberries, will devour them in the morning!  


1 comment:

Hikari and Sunny said...

I just made these muffins for myself tonight. They are so easy and delish.
I didn't have any blueberries and don't like nuts though, so I used wallnut flavoring and added extra strawberries. I also added a teaspoon of vanilla. I worried about the canola oil as it has messed up a few of my recipies, but It turned out really well.
I might have to try some of Sunny's other recipies if they work as well as this one.