Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook: 4/27

For Today... April 27th, 2009

Outside my window... a soft rain falls

I am thinking... about my relationships... how they develop, evolve and change... what responsibility I hold for those changes

I am thankful for... my daughter's new confidence in going down the stairs.  We'll be baby gate free very soon!

From the kitchen... Sunny Morning Muffins that I watched on Cooking for Real

I am wearing... brown athletic pants, blue ribbed tank, messy bun

I am still reading... In Praise of Stay-at-Home Moms by Dr. Laura Schlessinger.  I have to admit, I wasn't sure what to expect from this read.  I've read a few of her other books and have found them all very helpful.  This book was not supposed to be helpful, but rather a thumbs-up of sorts for SAHMs.  

Last night, I shed a few tears as I turned the pages and thanked God that I am not the only mommy who experiences the wide range of emotions and struggles that I do as a SAHM.


I am hoping... to find a replacement for my morning walk since the rain kept me inside

I am creating... a packing list for our family vacation.  Only a month away!

I am praying... that God holds my words in His holy hands, that He leads me to grow personally and discern the validity of my feelings

Around the house... laundry waits as always, but a sparkling kitchen offsets the looming clothes

One of my favorite things... is listening to my son play pretend in the bathtub.  The adventures that take place in there... sometimes prehistoric, sometimes futuristic, sometimes a pirate adventure... very fun to watch.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Teaching my last week of religion class for the year, working on PTA responsibilities, being Mommy, trying a new recipe

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you... from our wedding.  So much has happened since we held hands and headed into our new life together.  It's wonderful to know that I'm where He wants me!

photo.php.jpg


Join the daybook group or see other daybooks here!

7 comments:

Martha (FL) said...

My daughter who is now 12 has always loved to play in the bathtub, she too would go off on some wonderful adventures. Most times though, once she was old enough, she wanted to be left alone... it was her time! She still loves her bath time!

Kelli England said...

THanks Momma..We are excited..I cannot wait to journal about the pregnancy~!!!

AllyJo said...

I've been meaning to read that book. Those muffins look good. I'm trying that recipe because I have all the ingredients. Thanks for sharing. God bless you this week.

UKZoe said...

Second daybook I've read today that has added "I'm praying..." I like that idea, just need to remember to add it to mine next week.

Auntie Q said...

I enjoyed reading your daybook. I hadn't heard of that book by Dr. Laura. I will have to look for it!

Jerralea said...

Dr. Laura's book sounds very interesting.

I remember when my middle daughter was little, she loved baths so much, we used to bribe her with taking a bath! If you promised to let her play in the tub, she'd willingly do what you wanted. If only that still worked!

Enjoyed your daybook!

Mrs. Haid said...

I think that this daybook daily/weekly writing idea is something I'll use when I teach a writing class someday. How neat would it be to have a record of your thoughts from when you were younger? And the prompts are so easy to respond to.

Def. do this when you return to HS English teaching!