Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Oh My Darlin' Clementine

I'm not sure what would possess a parent to let a kid loose on a normal orange when there is an alternative!  I detest sticky citrus fingers that smear on everything 3 foot and lower post-orange consumption.  If I'd known with my first kiddo what I know now, navel oranges might never have graced the blue surface of my kitchen countertops!

Clementines are the best take-along snack!  Just ask Produce Pete! All of my kids love them.  They easily peel without needing a helping start from a knife or peeling tool making them perfect even for a school lunch.  They're small, so one kid always eats the whole fruit.  With bite-sized slices, there's no sticky juice on hands or chins, and they're sweeter than most navel oranges!  I've rarely had an unripe or overripe purchase.  They run $3.50 for about 2 dozen around here.  Not incredibly cheap, but well worth it for a snack that my sugar fein son will choose over a cookie!

No comments: