Monday, March 23, 2009

Confessions of an At-Home Mom

I am a stay-at-home mom.  I am not a convert.  I have always planned to stay at home with my children.  I sought a husband who would value the role of a mother as much as wife.  I am blessed.  

Yes, that's me 90% of the time.  90% because with 3 children, odds are one of them is being sweet most of the time.  The other 10%-- that's when I have a pre-schooler throwing a tantrum, a 16-month old hanging onto my leg begging for anything off-limits, and a 3rd grader dawdling over homework all at the same time.  It's when I'm waist deep in laundry- sometimes dirty, sometimes folded piles- that seem endless, when I've swept Rice Krispies off the floor 4 times in an hour, when I've fought a bedtime battle for 45 minutes.  The other 10% is when my husband has been gone to work for 4 days straight so that I can stay home and go insane alone with the kids.  The other 10% I wonder what in the world made me sign up for this!

This blog is about sharing the world of a stay-at-home mom with the rest of the world.  It's about letting women know that, while it's not easy and not always enjoyable, while I screw up daily and have more to learn about mothering than I can imagine, I AM the one screwing up!  I am the one who knows my children.  I am the one responsible for molding their values.  I am the one who gets to witness the milestones.  I do not have to keep pictures in my purse to show off to others because my kids are alongside me to show their true colors to anyone who cares to take notice.  I AM MY KIDS' MOM. 

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Yea, you did fix it! :0) I love your new blog and can't wait to read more stories that make me feel more normal! ha ha.